See What Past Clients Have Said About Us
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help Me After a Wreck?
A good car accident attorney will reach a good financial settlement or jury verdict to compensate you for your injuries and troubles.
More than that, an auto accident lawyer will handle everything from start to finish related to your accident.
- Handling the insurance claim
- Handling your property damage claim
- Communicating with your doctors
- Helping you find a specialist if needed
- Making sure your doctors treat you even if you don’t have health insurance
- Building the case to prove that the other party was indeed at fault,
- Interviewing witnesses
- Hiring experts such as accident reconstructionist, forensic accountants to help prove lost wages, and hiring medical doctor experts to prove that your injuries were the result of the accident
- negotiating with the insurance company to try to reach a settlement
- Filing a lawsuit if needed to push the insurance company(s) to do the right thing
- settling or reducing medical bills at the end of the day to increase the financial recovery that you put in your pocket
- Winning your case
Along the way we keep you informed of the process at regular intervals so you always know what’s going on and you feel comfortable and safe that everything’s taking care.
Most importantly we do this with no money down. All you have to do is pick up the phone and give us the okay to represent you and to take care of it for you. We only get paid at the end of the day. And we get paid as a percentage of what your recovery is.
That means if we didn’t win anything for you we wouldn’t get paid and you would have nothing out of pocket.
Our incentive is to do the best we can for you would get the biggest settlement we can for you so that you get the best result at the end.
Your only responsibility is to be honest with us and if you’re injured to go see your doctors to get better.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
Denmon Pearlman handles all types of car accident cases that result in property damage or injury to another person:
- drunk driving or driving under the influence
- head-on collisions
- rollover crashes
- side impact collisions
- sideswipe accidents
- accidents with multiple parties including chain accidents
- texting accidents
- rear end collisions
- truck accidents
We have handled all different types of car accident cases.
Types of Auto Accident Claims
we handle all our auto accident claims where injuries have resulted because of another’s negligent or bad behavior. Specifically, these include:
The concept of negligence simply means that another driver failed to exercise an appropriate and reasonable level of care.
Negligent driving is the cause of the vast majority of car accidents on the road today.
At its heart then auto accident cases are something more than just an unintentional act. Our job is car accident lawyers is to prove that the unintentional act resulted because the other driver didn’t drive is carefully imprudently as they should’ve given the dangerous nature of automobiles on roads.
what if you’re driving a vehicle or are injured because another vehicle has a defect in the product design?
For example, consider the rollover cases for a few years ago that were caused by SUVs being improperly designed.
Or consider an accident caused by a tire blowout where the tire blew out because of faulty design.
These are examples of where there is an accident not necessarily caused by the negligent behavior of another individual on the roadway but rather by a product maker selling a good that is defective.
These cases are called manufacturer liability. For us to succeed on these cases we need to prove that the vehicle was operating as intended, that the vehicle itself had not changed since its purchase (i.e. it wasn’t busted because of a previous accident) and that the defective part or vehicle was unreasonably dangerous.
When there is a car crash and somebody has died as the result of the crash then there is a special type of car accident claim called a wrongful death claim.
In a wrongful death claim, the family or loved ones that have survived the victim who is passed away are able to bring a civil action on behalf of this estate against the negligent party or manufacturer.
Wrongful death cases are unique and special. The lawmakers have created a special set of rules for these cases that the car accident lawyer needs to operate within an order to successfully recover a claim.
Car Accident Injuries and Compensation
“What is the value of my case?”
We hear this question a lot.
The value of the case depends wildly on a wide variety of factors. However, assuming that liability is clear (and the other parties at fault) the most important factor is the injuries sustained.
In all cases where the other party caused the accident that party can be liable for reasonable economic damages.
Economic damages are things like loss of work and medical bills.
In cases where the injuries sustained have permanency then there are additional damages that can be recovered.
These are noneconomic damages.
Noneconomic damages are things like pain-and-suffering and mental anguish.
It’s easy to put a value to medical bills and other economic damages. But it’s a little bit more difficult to put a value to pain-and-suffering and mental anguish.
A good general rule of thumb is that when injuries are severe and the fault of the other party is clear then we can value pain-and-suffering as a multiple of the economic damages.
We discussed this morning are valuing car accident claim article.
The types of injuries that we see in car accident cases are usually traumatic. The human body does not handle high impact nature of car accident case as well.
Specifically, injuries that our car accident lawyers collect compensation for an accident cases may include:
- back strain
- herniated discs
- disc bulges
- head injuries
- cuts and scars
- knee damage
- shoulder injuries and damage
- joint muscle neck and other injuries
- wrongful death]
Car Accident and Property Damage Claims
Injuries are the most serious result of a car accident that we deal with.
But the property damage claim is the immediate problem to solve.
After all in Florida, you need a vehicle to get around. You want to be able to get your vehicle fixed to get back on the road.
But the insurance company is not your best friend even with the property damage.
They’re not interested in fixing your vehicle for fair value. Often they’re gonna try to undercut the value of your car so that they can put a few extra dollars in their pocket.
We don’t like this.
We handle property damage claims help our clients with these claims free of charge.
Hiring A Car Accident Attorney
The process for hiring a car accident attorney is as follows:
- pick up the phone to reach out to our office. We have staff available 24 hours a day to take your call. If it’s after hours we have legal assistance that will take a message and forward your information on to an on-call attorney or car accident paralegal. You can always expect a call back within 15 minutes.
- Set a meeting with our intake specialist or accident lawyer. We can do this in our office is which are conveniently located throughout the Tampa Bay area. Or we can come see you. We could even meet you at the hospital at your doctor’s are at a place of your choice. In today’s digital world, we can even set up Skype or Google hang out videos for us to have our initial consultation.
- If you wish to proceed you simply sign an engagement letter with us that allows us to operate on your behalf. We’ll also have some authorizations and releases will need you to sign so that we can go and speak with your doctors, the insurance company, and retain experts when needed on your behalf.
After that our auto accident lawyers take control. Throughout the process will keep you informed with regular meetings and summaries of your case.