BRADENTON SLIP AND FALL
Our Bradenton Slip And Fall Attorneys Get Bigger Settlements Against Big Businesses
We work hard from the very first moment because that gets our clients the best results. -Nicole Denmon, Founding Partner
It comes down to a simple rule:
If a business invites you to their shop to sell you goods or services, it needs to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Stores Have A Legal Responsibility To Protect You From Slip And Fall Injuries
Specifically, Florida law requires a business or property owner to:
- Keep his or her premises in a reasonably safe condition,
- Fix dangerous conditions on the property that the business knew about or should have known about, and
- Warn customers/visitors about dangerous conditions.
If a business owner or a property owner does not fulfill these requirements, then that person acted negligently and you may have a personal injury case.
Initial Steps Our Bradenton Slip And Fall Injury Lawyers Take In Every Case
The Process Makes The Difference
Remember, a slip and fall happen at a building the defendant controls. A wily corporation can remedy the problem or otherwise destroy evidence, making a personal injury case that much more difficult to prove. Therefore, the name of the game in slip and fall injury cases is to move fast.
A slip and fall attorney is a type of personal injury attorney who specifically knows how to take on a business like a restaurant or a grocery store.
In every case, we do the following:
- Secure pictures or videos of the scene of the accident.
- Seek witness statements, either from workers at the store or third-party witnesses at the scene.
- Send spoliation letters to the store or business demanding that they not destroy any evidence.
- Seek insurance policy premiums from the business.
- Hire accident reconstructionists and safety experts as needed to protect your claim.
- Ensure that you get the best possible medical treatment.
- Work with your medical treatment providers from the beginning to ensure a coordinated plan of legal attack that also gets your medical needs met.
Big Stores We Have Successfully Fought
- Westshore Shopping Mall
- Memorial Hospital of Tampa
- Bars, restaurants, and clubs
- Private homeowners
Situations Where A Business Owner Or A Homeowner Can Be Held Responsible For A Slip And Fall Accident In Bradenton
- Wet floors
- Foreign substances on the floor
- Slippery floors
- Boxes or open merchandise left on the floor
- Uneven floors
- Insufficiently lit walkways or stairways
- Not enough lighting in other areas of the premises
- Stairs that do not follow code
- Poorly maintained sidewalks
- Poorly maintained parking lots
- Assault in a business
- Insufficient or negligent security
Do I Have A Case If The Business Claims I Am At Fault?
What if the business owner claims that you contributed to your own injuries?
Florida is a comparative fault state. That means if you are partially responsible for your own
injuries, then your economic claim is reduced proportionally according to your own fault. However, you still have a case. The value of your case is simply reduced to account for your share of the blame.
For example, assume that your slip and fall injury case results in a $500,000 settlement claim award for you. But the evidence proves you were 20% at fault in the accident. In this case, the award for the settlement is simply reduced by the amount that you were at fault — or 20% of $500,000, which reduces the net settlement claim in your slip and fall case to $400,000.