- Jake Pillsbury specializes in Criminal Defense and DUI litigation. Throughout his career, Jake has always represented individuals, never corporations or the State.
- A native Texan, Jake moved around the country with his family before finally landing in the Tampa Bay area in 1996. He attended the University of Florida, where he received a Bachelor of Arts and was witness to one of the greatest college sports programs in history.
- The prospect of being able to stay in the Tampa Bay area led Jake to attend Stetson University College of Law. While studying law at Stetson, Jake joined the Nation’s Top-ranked Trial Team, where he received intensive training in trial practice and procedure from a variety of Judges, Professors, and Lawyers (including Lee Pearlman). Jake also worked with the Stetson’s Student Bar association, worked as a teaching assistant for Trial Advocacy classes, and interned for Circuit Court Judge Amy Williams in Saint Petersburg.
- After a year of handling plaintiff’s personal injury actions, Jake decided to devote himself to the practice of criminal defense. For four years he represented indigent citizens of Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas County as an Assistant Public Defender. Through the experience of 35 criminal defense trials and hundreds of written motions, Jake developed a penchant for standing up against the criminal justice machine. During his final year in public service, Jake spent most of his professional time focused on DUI defense, trying a dozen cases in that year alone.
- Since joining Denmon Pearlman, Jake has continued to defend all sorts of criminal charges including DUI and traffic cases, drug crimes, property crimes and crimes of violence with varying degrees of severity.
- Jake lives in Pinellas County with his partner Brenna, and his two yellow labs Max and Kona.
View All Practice Areas
Well... let me begin with...Thank You Jake! Your work and sincere efforts were most appreciated and especially with such a nice "Victory" in a very short time!! IT even impressed my peers!With already such a devastating start for me in Jan 2013...injured in a Serious car accident of a careless and "distracted driver" who plowed into me from behind at 60 miles an hour on HWY US 19...& a bad and disappointing experience with a previous "GREEDY" Attorney...that started my case initially...but he decided he was not going to make enough money....YOU BELIEVED in ME ...& MY CASE...and You PURSUED IT WITH CONVICTION! You handled everything with such a "POSITIVE ATTITUDE" ...and always had encouraging words with each phone call to keep me updated & uplifted...with my case.Although it was not a piece of cake handling the other driver's "UNCOOPERATIVE" insurance company...you were nothing but DILIGENT" & THOROUGH...and it PAID OFF!!!I can only tell you I am so grateful from the bottom of my heart! Your efforts were not only UNNOTICED...but I WILL definitely recommend you to anyone I know that needs a "good guy" to represent them...but who is also a "Knowledgeable & Conscientious" Attorney...who genuinely cares about his clients.An Attorney with a Heart! What a concept! :)I am so glad I researched "The Dolman Law Group" on the internet and found You & your company that Cares...but is not afraid to work hard for the money...but is willing to work harder for your client!!I can tell you 100%...You are worth every cent!I hope you can be proud of another Success Story!